“The timing isn’t right,” someone said to me five months ago when I told him about the idea for The Bold Academy.
“Why is the timing off?” I asked.
“That’s too much to make happen too quickly,” he said.
“Nah… the timing is perfect to see what happens,” I said. “There’s no better time than right now to see what’s possible.”
“Good luck,” he said.
Last week a girlfriend reached out to me about her new love interest. “It’s too soon,” she said. “I’m not ready.”
“You’re not ready for what?” I asked.
“I’m not ready to commit,” she said. “He’s amazing and handsome and treats me brilliantly but I’m not ready to commit to him. The timing isn’t right.”
“Why isn’t the timing right?” I asked. “What are you afraid of committing to?”
“I’m not ready for forever,” she said.
“So what about right now?” I asked.
“Right now I want him in my life,” she said.
“Good,” I said. “Then the timing is perfect. Have him in your life right now in a way that feels right to you. Communicate to him where you’re at. And commit to this moment.”
“That feels right,” she said.
When it comes to decision-making, I have two guiding principles:
- Any decision made from a place of love is good for yourself and the world.
- Any decision made from a place of fear is detrimental to yourself and the world.
When making decisions, are you acting out of love or acting out of fear?
My friend may have cut off the opportunity to learn and grow from someone who’s treating her wonderfully, simply because she’s experiencing anxiety about their uncertain future.
Similarly, when I decided to commit to making Bold happen, while my heart screamed YES, I also experienced a number of doubts around the feasibility of actualizing the dream. I leaned into that fear anyway. Instead of attaching myself to a specific outcome, I viewed Bold as an opportunity to learn, grow, experiment, and see what’s possible.
When experimentation and growth is your aim, the timing is always perfect. Learn and experience the answers by acting from a place of love.
Heart this post? Tweet it!
Want updates in your inbox? Subscribe!
Recent commentsBlog comments powered by Disqus
- othertimallen likes this
- iwonderwhoslovingyou likes this
- bluepeets reblogged this from heyamberrae
- guerilla-love likes this
- stevenladin reblogged this from heyamberrae
- stevenladin likes this
- christiessilverlining likes this
- quinnbrielle likes this
- ttruthbetoldd likes this
- sashafoxx likes this
- sashafoxx reblogged this from heyamberrae
- sexygravy reblogged this from heyamberrae
- awanderlustjourney reblogged this from heyamberrae
- lilpamplemousse likes this
- clemauyeung reblogged this from heyamberrae and added:
- jaspslife likes this
- danhefferan likes this
- jessicafurseth likes this
- nancysun likes this
- texturism said: it only takes a moment to make a decision.
- texturism likes this
- enjoyduane likes this
- lifeofthibault reblogged this from heyamberrae
- mariseca likes this
- stronglikemulan said: I needed this. I think I love you now. Lol
- runningonsomething likes this
- carlablumenthal likes this
- vstr likes this
- lifeofthibault likes this
- heyamberrae posted this