I propose a new kind of dictionary. One that is founded on the belief that we don’t have to live how others expect us to and that we should instead live our own ideal life.
Why? Because far too often I hear people say “yes” for the wrong reasons. I hear people putting themselves down for “procrastinating” when they don’t understand the underlying reasons. I watch people approach “work” like it’s a 9-5 job and “passion” like it’s a side hobby that cannot be taken seriously. I hear people say “I can’t” because of self-imposing “limitations” that inevitably lead to “boredom,” “drama,” “anxiety” and the search for “answers.”
That said, here are the first 9 words in my “Unconventional Dictionary,” a guide to living on your own terms.
1 - a word that should only be used when it reflects your true desires.
2 - a expression used when you experience an overwhelming feeling of “Wow! That would be amazing! Absolutely! Hell yes!“
3 - a word that you feel extremely comfortable using when you’re in a social environment that meets your needs, with people who care about what you are feeling, and are interested in facilitating your happiness.
1 - your body’s way of rebelling against what your mind says you “should be doing.”
2 - an indication that you are working on the wrong thing.
1 - your individual contribution to the world.
2 - activities that exist beyond the hours of 9 to 5.
3 - the place where our talents, desires, and what the world needs intersect.
1 - a powerful driving force existing inside every human being that, once unleashed, can make any vision, any dream, a reality.
2 - something you do that makes you feel fulfilled beyond the money that you make.
1 - self-deprecating beliefs that exist within in your mind and prevent you from taking action.
2 - beliefs often formed by naysayers and the crowd who is not interested in facilitating your true happiness.
1 - the opposite of happiness.
2 - a lack of inner purpose and fulfillment.
3 - an emotional state that leads to forming negative habits.
1 - an emotional experience rooted in taking things personally, making assumptions, and needing attention.
1 - experiencing failure in advance.
1 - thoughts and ideas that can only be found within us, rather than “out there.”
Update: A few favorites sent in by readers…
1 - a good indicator of one’s passion or purpose.
2 - stems from the Greek word entheos or “God within.”
3 - cultivated by one’s willingness to learn and achieve.
1 - emotional response to change or anything that threatens the “status quo”
2 - generates anxiety and perpetuates limitations
1 - holding on to what you believe in, regardless of the challenges you may face
1 - the instant one’s actions or perceptions shift in order to proceed with courage, from the realization that the known can be limiting and the unknown can be undiscovered joys.
1 - something everyone everywhere possess if they believe they do.
2 - most evident after a great deal of hard work.
(via Bob Walsh)
what else would you add?
Recent commentsBlog comments powered by Disqus
- ezekielrobledo likes this
- mssle likes this
- iaregrace likes this
- joshwilliamsfilms reblogged this from heyamberrae
- parrishute likes this
- ladylilith333 reblogged this from lycanzen
- ladylilith333 likes this
- sorayaelizabethdarabi likes this
- alliistheshizzz likes this
- kellyashley likes this
- lycanzen reblogged this from heyamberrae
- lycanzen likes this
- loveisjustice reblogged this from heyamberrae
- loveisjustice likes this
- monicaliane likes this
- happynote reblogged this from heyamberrae
- movetofit likes this
- marihuertas likes this
- harbinflarbinscarbindar likes this
- avneetsingh reblogged this from heyamberrae
- simplifyyourlife likes this
- justinalcon reblogged this from betapoint
- evantroxel likes this
- betapoint reblogged this from heyamberrae and added:
- gravita5 reblogged this from heyamberrae
- texturism likes this
- wishcandy likes this
- missjessrose likes this
- afteranniesboobs likes this
- monsieurmanu likes this
- asknoquestionsoffairytales likes this
- jenniferstgermain reblogged this from heyamberrae
- blamecanada likes this
- eesides likes this
- groovewithit reblogged this from heyamberrae
- jenniferstgermain said: This is amazing. #alwaysreblog :)
- jenniferstgermain likes this
- jdhtwo likes this
- raquelwilson reblogged this from heyamberrae
- raquelwilsonsow likes this
- franklinjackson reblogged this from heyamberrae
- one-rare-salad reblogged this from heyamberrae and added:
- pandorawithpeonies likes this
- imskyhigh likes this
- colorsofthewind likes this
- myvonne likes this
- the-heart-space likes this
- bloomtime likes this
- lexestrex likes this
- icouldbewithanyone reblogged this from thisisteariffic