Writing is my art. I love to dream, think big, turn impossibility into possibility, touch the lives of others, and write my life as I go. I write for understanding. I write to process the ideas and thoughts that come to me each day. I write to inspire others to act toward their dreams too.
Steve Jobs said, “Remembering that I’ll be dead soon is the most important tool I’ve ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life. Because almost everything — all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure — these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart.”
On that note, one of my favorite questions to ask people is “What do you wish to do before you die?”
Why? Because beyond simply learning “what” this person hopes to achieve, you’ll gain insight into why they exist.
What do I wish to do before I die? I like to reflect on this question often and keep my thoughts here: http://tumblr.heyamberrae.com/before-i-die
Recent commentsBlog comments powered by Disqus
- foamspoon reblogged this from heyamberrae
- aliciadoering reblogged this from joshsolar
- joshsolar reblogged this from heyamberrae
- calvintychan answered: Travel in space! I love stars!
- kirstenalana answered: see every country in the world
- joshscherman likes this
- markherrmann answered: For me, it’s total awareness…
- thefamilyrecords said: Inspired, just started one too!
- mikegallagher reblogged this from heyamberrae
- texturism likes this
- benkessler answered: See Earth from space. Seriously.
- feed-well likes this
- lifeofdani likes this
- pinkyworld234 likes this
- heyamberrae posted this