Imagine a world where every person is awake to their highest potential, deeply fulfilled by the lives they live, the work they do, and the impact their gifts make on our world.
I want to live in this world, which is why I spend time working on projects that bring this vision to life.
Watching people transform from merely existing in our world to being enthralled with life is one of my greatest joys.
Creating a life that enthralls me is a lot of fun too.
<3 <3 <3
Hi, I’m Amber Rae.
I’m from Chicago and currently living in San Francisco (Alamo Square) with the love of my life.
Me in 30 seconds:
- I lead the Bold Academy team toward our vision of a more courageous world.
- I collect moments, not things. I once quit my job, sold all my belongings, packed my life into a suitcase, and in 48 hours, moved from San Francisco to New York City to figure out why I exist and how I can contribute meaningfully to our world. That led me to live in 6 cities and work on 15 projects in three years. It taught me how to fall in love with life, myself, and eventually a wonderful man.
- Writing, travel, music, intimate conversations, and beach bike rides move my soul.
- I crave depth, smile often, and am lost without a moleskine and Pilot G2 gel pen.
Experiences I’ve put my heart into:
- Creating The Bold Academy, a life accelerator designed to help you realize your full potential.
- Empowering you to design the life you’re meant to lead with The Passion Experiment.
- Writing for Fast Company and here twice-per-week.
- Sharing stories of remarkable people living unconventional lives at revolution.is.
- With Ryan Allis, co-founding and leading the launch of a new division of iContact called iConnect. On February 29, 2012, iContact was acquired by Vocus for $169M.
- Challenging my comfort zone with public speaking. Here’s my first talk ever, at TEDxCMU, about The Art of Being Unreasonable and how to astray from the mainstream.
- Working with Seth Godin and seven incredible colleagues to launch publishing experiment The Domino Project, creating 12 best-sellers in 12 months.
- Helping Derek Sivers edit, publish and market his book which shot to #1 on all of its Amazon categories.
- Turning insomnia into a global movement via New York Nightowls.
- Forging creative collaborations between Photojojo and Tumblr, Busted Tees, Vimeo, Thrillist and Squarespace.
- Launching word-of-mouth marketing programs for Dove, Frito-Lay, Kimberly-Clark and Kodak.
- Introducing the Apple MacBook line to my university.
- Above all, I believe that what you do is less important than WHY you do it.